Motion Minnow 9.5" Swimbait fishing lures swim naturally through the water column, enticing gamefish like mahi-mahi, redfish, tarpon, yellowfin tuna, and many others. Swim baits are available in a variety of native baitfish patterns and profiles including: Finger Mullet, Spanish Sardine, American Shad, Goggle Eye, Skipjack Tuna, Dorado, Golden Shiner, Mayan Cichlid, Threadfin Herring and BB Mullet.
Details / Specs :
- Length : 9.5 inches
- Weight : 4 oz
- Action : Sinking
- Body Construction: Hard ABS
- 8-Piece Segmented Body which is held together with 2X Dyneema Fiber
- Realistic 3D Eyes
- Color pattern reflect the markings of native bait fish.
- (2) Black Nickel Treble Hooks included with Lure
Our 9.5 Inch Motion Minnow Swimbaits are held together with Double Matted Dyneema® Fiber that is 15x stronger than steel and similar to Kevlar found in bulletproof vests. Sometimes it's hard to find live bait , so we designed a bait that swims just like it!
LURE COLOR VS TARGETED SPECIES
Mullet, Threadfin Herring and Goggle Eye are patterns work excellent on snook, redfish, tarpon, and cobia.
Spanish Sardine, American Shad, and BB Mullet patterns are equally at home when fishing pitching them to schoolie dolphin offshore, largemouth bass in your local pond, or cruising red drum along your mangrove shorelines.
Skipjack Tuna,and Dorado were patterns developed from a relentless request of previous customers providing feedback. These two patterns are deadly effective in the deep blue waters of the Caribbean. We've also had great reports from guys targeting Bluefin Trevally, Giant Trevally, and other coastal gamefish along the Pacific.
Water Color vs Effectiveness
The general rule of thumb is, the darker or more stained the water color is the darker lure your should be throwing. Hence the design of our Smoked Mullet and Dorado colors. These two gems really "POP" and show huge contrast when fishing stained water conditions enabling any predatory gamefish nearby to locate the lure quickly!
When fishing crystal clear or gin clear water, we recommend any of the profiles with a flash foil finish to them like Spanish Sardine, BB Mullet, Goggle Eye, or American Shad. The added foil design in these patterns reflects more easily through clear water and can be seen by a larger gamefish from a distance.
Every bait unveils a real swimming action when reeled with a steady retrieve, with the natural tail kick of a frisky XL baitfish. And yes, this lure can be trolled! Read below to learn more...
- For Optimum results, simply cast and retrieve at a slow - medium pace to achieve maximum action. A faster, stop and go retrieve can also be very effective when fish are actively feeding on other forage and looking for genuine presentation. Also, be sure to adjust your retrieve speed according the the depth of water and speed of current or tide. A faster tide may require a slower retrieve and vice versa. The MegaMotion Swimbait series may also be trolled effectively at 6-8 knots by deploying on a #4 planer or downrigger to reach the desired depth where wahoo,dorado, Yellowfin tuna and a variety of other pelagic gamefish feed.
- If you prefer single hooks, we suggest using VMC ILS Inline Single 4X hooks, size 7/0 for Motion Minnow 9.5" Swimbait fishing lure